Natural England is working towards the delivery of four strategic outcomes, which together deliver on our purpose to conserve, enhance and manage the natural environment for the benefit of current and future generations:
- A healthy natural environment – England’s natural environment will be conserved and enhanced.
- People are inspired to value and conserve the natural environment – more people inspired to enjoy, understand and act for the natural environment.
- Sustainable use of the natural environment – the use and management of the environment is more sustainable.
- A secure environmental future – decisions which collectively secure the future of the natural environment.
Manifesto for the natural environment
Our Manifesto for the Natural Environment – published in May 2008 in response to our first report on the State of the Natural Environment.
Strategic Direction 2008 -2013 – Natural England’s objectives, targets and ways of working.
Corporate Plan 2008 – 2011 – detail about how we aim to deliver the Strategic Direction over the next 3 years.
Set out what we have achieved. Grouped under our strategic outcomes, they feature case studies and highlights of our work.
- Annual Review 2007-2008
- Annual Review 2006-2007
- Annual Report and Accounts 1 April 2007 – 31 March 2008
- Annual Report and Accounts 1 April 2006 – 31 March 2007
Natural England seeks to be a distinctive public body committed to conserving and enhancing the natural environment. To help achieve this, good corporate Governance is essential.
Natural England’s governance framework continues to be developed. The framework is divided into several sections and a number of key documents in the framework are available.
Natural England was formed by bringing together English Nature, the landscape, access and recreation elements of the Countryside Agency and the environmental land management functions of the Rural Development Service.